I am a woman.
I am a wife with a loving husband. Eighteen years strong.
I am an author and entrepreneur.
I am a Doctoral Candidate.
I am the mother to Angel born in heaven.
I am working on starting a family with my husband.
Sounds great, doesn’t it. But consider this:
I suffer from anxiety.
The recent barrage of disappointments is simply too much.
My husband and I are experiencing fertility issues.
I had a miscarriage.
I am struggling to explain my eternal pain in a world that doesn’t care or try to understand.
One statement in particular stings whenever I say it: I had a miscarriage.
It happened in 2017. I haven’t been the same since. Quite frankly, I will never be the same again.
Despite it all, my eyes remain on the prize. My journey to that statement has been nothing short of miraculous to some. Through my pain, I learned that I could not lose sight of all the possibilities that lie ahead and keep these truths at the forefront of my mind:
- I am still here. I am alive. I am thriving.
- I can be scared, hopeful, angry, and several other emotions whenever I see fit.
- I can manage my current fear/sadness while still prepping my mindset for what is to come.
- I can only work on the things that I am accountable for and can control.
- I cannot control the circumstances, good, bad, or indifferent, but can control how I react.
That said, I move forward, sometimes scared, sad, angry, or fearful, but nonetheless determined and purposed in my truth. I will continue to love my husband and be a present partner. I will continue to plan for the family that I continue to pray for. I will finish my doctoral studies and be Dr. Ivori Lipscomb-Warren. I will continue to help people design the lives they truly desire.
I. Will. Win.
Join me on my next podcast as I cover my full circle moments, struggles, and all points in between. Join me and be encouraged and enlightened.